The Sports Injury Test (SIT) measures several important factors relating to an athlete’s strength, coordination and body alignment. This compilation of tests compares the athlete’s performance to a large research database of over 800 female athletes. The database is used to understand factors which may predispose an athlete to injury. These tests also provide information that allows assessment of hip and core strength stabilization.
The testing may include:
- History of Prior Injury and Sports Participation
- Video Analysis of Jumping and Landing Mechanics
- Functional Hop Tests
- Vertec Vertical Jump Assessment
- Hamstring Flexibility Assessment
- Core Strength Assessment
- Speed, Agility and Endurance Tests
- Biodex Strength Assessment (when available)
The SIT requires minimal equipment and was designed to be portable, so that it can easily be taken to any school, sports club or facility.
The test takes approximately 30 to 60 minutes and is given at the beginning and end of each Sportsmetrics™training program. The pre-training test provides baseline information for participants to benchmark progress and allows the training to be tailored to the individual athlete’s needs. The post training test gives each athlete a tangible record of improvement. Each participant is provided with a personalized report of their results.
The Sport Injury Test should be conducted by certified Sportsmetrics™ providers. Only certified providers have access to the Sports Injury Test app.
What's going on
Thank you and congratulations to our July certification course participants! Our first in person course at our home office in…Read Now
Thank you to our June course participants! Fantastic group from all over the US and even international representation from India!Read Now
Find a Trainer
Click the link below to access this link.
The first ACL Injury Prevention Program that is scientifically proven, was created by a team of athletic trainers, physical therapists and researchers, under the direction of Dr. Frank Noyes. Sportsmetrics™ is the foundation upon which sports-specific skills are built. Sportsmetrics™ is the first ACL injury prevention program scientifically proven to decrease serious knee ligament injuries in female athletes.
There is a way for every athlete:
- In Cincinnati, train with Cincinnati SportsMedicine professionals.
- Train with one of our Certified Clinical Sites or Instructors outside of the Tri-State area.
- At home, train on your own with the Sportsmetrics Video Series.
- As you work to get back from an injury, train with rehabilitation professionals using our Return- to-Play protocols.