- Research and development of the Sportsmetrics program from Dr. Frank Noyes
- Research and history of ACL mechanism of injury, reconstruction and rehabilitation of primary and revision ACL reconstructions from Dr. Frank Noyes
- Practical demonstrations and participation in Sportsmetrics technique and training including plyometrics, agility and speed and sports injury testing
- An understanding of video analysis of jumping and landing mechanics
- Recommendations for ACL return to play criteria
- Detailed training for athletes and patients
- Recommendations for marketing and promotion
- Extensive course manual that includes research documentation, technique photos, Sports Injury Testing requirements, training recommendations, protocols, marketing materials and provider responsibilities
- All participants should possess a degree or accredited certification in a health or exercise field. Experience working in group or individual athlete training is preferred. TARGET AUDIENCE: Physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, athletic trainers, physician assistants, orthopaedic surgeons
- Purchase of one set of Sportsmetrics™ DVD’s Volume I ,II and III, Video Analysis software. (included in tuition)
- Possession of a digital video camera equipped to advance video frame by frame, capture still pictures, and a computer (for performing jumping and landing analysis)
- Review of Volumes I & II prior to course attendance is recommended
- Course Tuition: $740 (Hilton Head Course- $790)
Material and Activities Provided
- Extensive course manual that includes research documentation, technique photos, Sports Injury Testing requirements and techniques, training recommendations, protocols, marketing materials and provider responsibilities. Be prepared to workout. Wear comfortable clothes and sneakers. No sandals or bare feet.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Continuing Education Credits: 10.5 BOC CEU’s (3.25 EBP Category and 7.25 Category A)
- Approved by OPTA for 11.5 CEU’s. CEU’s vary from state to state. Please check with your individual state for specifics.
- Certificate of completion upon completion of a practical exam and a score of 70% or higher on a written exam
At completion of registration you will recieve an email containing your confirmation packet.
This packet will include:
- Thank you letter
- Transportation and Lodging Information
- Course Location and Directions
- Course Agenda
- Site Requirements and Responsibilities
- Camera Specifications
Sportsmetrics™ FacultyFrank R. Noyes, MD
Stephanie Tutalo Smith, MS Tommy Campbell, BA Al Ducker, ATC, CSCS
Course Cancellation Policy
Cincinnati SportsMedicine reserves the right to cancel a scheduled Sportsmetrics™ Certification due to lack of enrollment. If there is not a minimum of 10 registered course participants at least 2 weeks before the course is scheduled to take place, the course may be cancelled. In the event of a course cancellation, all participants registered for the course will be given the option of a full refund or the opportunity to transfer their registrations to a future certification course offering.